Sunday, October 31, 2010
Halloween Information and Safety Tips
Posted Date: 10/7/2010
Saturday, October 30 noon - 3 p.m. Downtown Lisle Merchants
Sunday, October 31 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. Lisle Neighborhoods
Parents should accompany young children, while older children should go with a friend.
Other safety tips include:
• Stay within the neighborhoods that you are familiar
• Use face paint instead of masks
• Select flame resistant costumes
• Wear light-colored or add reflective tape to dark-colored costumes
• Give and accept wrapped treats (parents please inspect all treats)
• Begin trick-or-treating during the daylight, but also bring a flashlight
The Lisle Police Department would like to remind residents that if your household is participating in the Trick-or-Treating program, please leave your porch light on. Houses without illuminated porch lights should not be approached.