Refuse & Yard Waste Sticker Increase
Posted Date: 6/19/2012
Beginning July 1, 2012 Village of Lisle residential refuse stickers will increase from $2.60 to $2.70 and yard waste stickers will increase from $2.41 to $2.48.
Each year sticker costs, as well as refuse and yard waste cart prices, increase according to the Village’s contract with Republic Services/Allied Waste. Stickers can be purchased at Village Hall and at select retail locations throughout Lisle and surrounding communities. Single-stream recycling using the 35 or 65 gallon recycling cart will continue to be free of charge.
Some additional program highlights and reminders:
- Please place waste and recycling at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
- All refuse must be placed in sealed plastic bags and have one sticker attached. If you use cans, place the sticker on the bag inside the can.
- There is no limit to the number of refuse containers or bags that will be collected provided that each bag has one (1) refuse sticker attached. Refuse containers/bags may be a maximum of 34-gallons and should not exceed 50-pounds in weight.
- Any large/bulk item (i.e. furniture, mattresses) unable to fit inside a 34-gallon container or bag requires one (1) refuse sticker attached to the item.
- White goods (residential appliances) are collected separately from regular refuse and also require one (1) sticker attached to the appliance. Residents should contact Republic Services/Allied Waste directly to make pick-up arrangements.
- Republic Services/Allied Waste Customer Service can be reached at (630) 964-3232.
- If you have specific questions regarding the Village’s Refuse, Recycling and Yard Waste Program or would like to file a complaint, please contact the Administrative Services Department (630) 271-4100.