2012 Leaf Pickup Program
The Village of Lisle offers FREE weekly pick up of loose leaves (not bagged) for all single-family homes within the Village of Lisle corporate limits. Village crews will come through the entire Village ONCE PER WEEK (weather permitting) from October 15th through the week of November 12th and pick up leaves that have been raked to the front parkway as close to the curb as possible. If your leaves are not in the front parkway at the time our crews pass your house, they will not be picked up until our crews return the following week.
We ask that homeowners adhere to the following guidelines when preparing their leaves:
- All leaves must be placed in the front parkway by 7:00 AM on Monday morning.
- Leaves shall be loose, not bagged, and placed as close to the edge of the street as possible.
- Leaves shall not be placed on sidewalks, in ditches, or in the street. Where sidewalks abut the curb, the leaves shall be placed off of the sidewalk and as close to the street as possible.
- No other materials shall be placed in the leaf pile, including grass, branches, landscape waste, etc.
- Please do not park cars in front of leaf piles. If crews can not get to the leaf piles they will not be picked up.
After the week of November 12th the Village's Waste hauler will pick up Yard Waste Bags, but a "Yard Waste Sticker" must be affixed to each bag. DO NOT rake leaves to the curb during this time. There will not be a free pick up after the week of November 12th. The Waste Hauler will continue to pick up tagged Yard Waste Bags through the second Tuesday of December.
If you have any additional questions regarding the free Leaf Pickup Program, please call (630) 271-4180.