Leaf Pickup Program
The 2013 Loose Leaf Pickup Program has ended. Residents who still need to dispose of leaves should place them in yard waste bags or cans and attach one yard waste sticker to each bag/can. Republic Services, the Village’s waste hauler, will collect yard waste through
December 10, 2013
The Village of Lisle offers FREE weekly pick up of loose leaves (not bagged) for all single-family homes within the Village of Lisle corporate limits. Village crews will come through the entire Village ONCE PER WEEK (weather permitting) during the fall. They will pick up leaves that have been raked to the front parkway as close to the curb as possible. If your leaves are not in the front parkway at the time our crews pass your house, they will not be picked up until our crews return the following week.
PROGRESS MAP: As of November 24, 2013
2013 Loose Leaf Pickup Program Schedule
The 2013 Loose Leaf Pickup Program will run from October 21 through the week of November 18. To take advantage of this convenient service, rake loose leaves (no grass or landscaping) to the parkway as close to the curb as possible by 7 AM each Monday morning during this time. Public Works crews will collect the leaves once a week, weather permitting. Keep the area in front of leaf piles clear as they will not be picked up if crews can not reach the leaf piles. After the week of November 18, place leaves in yard waste bags or cans and attach a yard waste sticker. Republic Services, the Village’s waste hauler, will collect yard waste through December 10, 2013.
We ask that homeowners adhere to the following guidelines when preparing their leaves:
- All leaves must be placed in the front parkway by 7:00 AM on Monday morning.
- Leaves shall be loose, not bagged, and placed as close to the edge of the street as possible.
- Leaves shall not be placed on sidewalks, in ditches, or in the street. Where sidewalks abut the curb, the leaves shall be placed off of the sidewalk and as close to the street as possible.
- No other materials shall be placed in the leaf pile, including grass, branches, landscape waste, etc.
- Please do not park cars in front of leaf piles. If crews can not get to the leaf piles they will not be picked up.
After the crew makes its rounds through the community, the Village's Waste hauler will pick up Yard Waste Bags, but a "Yard Waste Sticker" must be affixed to each bag. DO NOT rake leaves to the curb during this time. There will not be a free pick up once the crews have come through an area. The Waste Hauler will continue to pick up tagged Yard Waste Bags through the second Tuesday of December.
If you have any additional questions regarding the free Leaf Pickup Program, please call (630) 271-4180.