The Village will begin the 2013 Branch Pickup for all single-family homes within the corporate limits in April.
Branch piles must be placed in the front parkway (not behind the residents property) by 7:00 AM on the Monday of the scheduled pickup week.
Following is the schedule for 2013:
|PICKUP DATES ||SINGLE FAMILY LOCATION |
During the Weeks Of...
April 29 & September 9
North of BNSF (Metra) R.R. tracks (PROGRESS MAP) Completed April 30, 2013
|May 6 & September 16|
Between BNSF (Metra) R.R. tracks & Maple Ave. (PROGRESS MAP) Completed May 7, 2013
|May 13 & September 23|
South of Maple Ave. (PROGRESS MAP) Completed May 14, 2013
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- For safer and easier handling, branches should be bundled, whenever possible, with twine or rope - no wire.
- Bundles are not to exceed five feet in length and fifty pounds. Single branches seperate from the bundles may be up to eight inches in diameter and six feet long.
- Branch piles should not be stacked higher than three feet and should be spread out neatly along property line.
- Material should be placed immediately adjacent to the street, but it should not block any ditches, swales, or sidewalks.
- Material must be placed with the "cut ends" facing the street.|
- Only branch material generated from your property will be picked up.
- Vines, root balls, thorny plant material or any miscellaneous landscape material (grass, leaves, railroad ties, timbers, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Branch piles should not be placed in the parkway earlier than the Friday prior to the scheduled pickup week.
- Once Village crews pass a house during the scheduled week, they will not return until the next scheduled pick up. The Village’s waste hauler will continue to pick up branches placed in yard waste bags with yard waste stickers attached.
- The Branch Pickup Program is intended for residential branch trimming only and is not intended for whole trees that have been cut up. Contractual tree trimming and take down of whole trees must be hauled away by the Contractor.
These piles are examples of branches stacked properly
Homes that do not adhear to the above guidelines will receive a "Red Tag" on their branch piles. The tag will indicate why the branch piles were not picked up and how to arrange for pick up once the branches have been stacked properly.
These branch piles received "Red Tags"
Mulch: Lisle residents can take mulch generated from the branch pickup at no charge. The mulch is located at the northwest corner of Main and Front Streets in Downtown Lisle.
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents. They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.