Water is a precious, limited resource and should not be wasted. Everyone is asked to keep their lawn watering to what is necessary, which is usually a one-inch soak per week. The Village encourages residents to do their part to ensure an adequate water supply will be available tomorrow by using water efficiently today. Please adhere to the following water restrictions:
- Watering is permitted from 5:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM May 15th to September 15th.
- Residents with even numbered street addresses may water during the permitted hours only on even numbered calendar days.
- Residents with odd numbered street addresses may water during the permitted hours only on odd numbered calendar days.
- Handheld watering is allowed anytime. Handheld watering is considered a person holding the flowing end of the hose.
- A two-week sod or seed watering permit for newly laid sod or sown seed can be obtained through the Public Works Department by calling (630) 271-4180.
Those that have underground irrigation systems are responsible for correcting any system malfunctions.
The Public Works Department routinely travels through the Village to ensure that residents are complying with the restrictions. Warnings and tickets are used as needed to ensure compliance. In general, a warning is issued on a resident's first offense.
- If a sprinkler is operating and children are present and playing in it, a warning or ticket will not be issued.
- Residents are issued only one warning.
- A second offense is a $50.00 fine.
- All further offenses are $100.00 fines.
Thanks in anticipation for your help in conserving water. For more information, please call the Public Works Department at (630) 271-4180.