- Your Government
- Public Works
- Branch Pickup Program
Branch Pick Up Program
The fall branch pick up program has concluded. Check back soon for the spring schedule.
The Branch Pick Up program is for all single-family homes within Lisle’s corporate limits and provides for the collection and disposal of branches from residential properties. The program pickup schedule will rotate regions every season. Pickups are scheduled according to three regions (defined below) and the order in which the regions are picked up will change each season. (This is a departure from past practice of picking up regions in the same sequence every season).
The program is intended for branches that have been trimmed or damaged by weather and does not include whole trees or shrubs.
SPRING 2023 Branch Collection Schedule
North: North of the Burlington Northern Train Tracks
Center: Between the BNSF Train Tracks and Maple Avenue
South: South of Maple Avenue
When available, below will be the Spring 2023 live branch collection map. When active, red lines indicate the street / area have been completed.
The map below displays best in Chrome or Firefox. If the map doesn’t display properly, it is suggested you clear your browser’s cache/history.
The following information applies to the spring and fall collection program:
- ALL BRANCHES ARE TO BE BUNDLED.
- All bundled branch piles need to be placed in the parkway by 7:00 am on the Monday of your scheduled collection week.
- Bundles must be tied with natural twine or rope. Nylon, plastic or metal twines will not be accepted or collected.
- Bundles shall not exceed 3 feet tall x 3 feet wide x 5 feet long and shall not exceed 50 pounds.
- Place bundles in a line as close to the street as possible. The cut ends of the bundles shall be facing the street.
- Whole tree, shrub removals and materials cut by contractors are not accepted and will not be collected.
Certain materials are not collected due to staff safety or the equipment used for the collection program is not suited for certain materials. The following items are NOT accepted during the collection program:
- Thorny Material (rosebushes, thorny branches)
- Stumps and Root balls/Root systems
- Evergreen Trimmings
- Railroad Ties
- Any items that contain metal. (nails, eyebolts, etc.)
- Landscape materials (grasses, flowers, willow whips, vines, small twigs and branches).
Please place these materials in yard waste bags with a sticker attached to each bag. Lakeshore will collect the waste bags on trash day.
In the event that the guidelines are not followed, a Public Works staff member will place a notice on the front door of the residence, indicating why the items were not collected. There is information on the tag to arrange for collection once the items have been properly bundled.
Should you have any questions regarding the branch collection program please contact the Public Works Department at 630-271-4180.
Properly Bundled PilesFollowing is an example of branch bundles that are stacked properly:
Branch piles that do not adhere to the above guidelines will receive a "red tag." The tag will indicate why the branch piles were not picked up and how to arrange for pick up once the branches have been stacked properly.
The following branch piles are examples of those that received "red tags":