- Sustainable & Recycling Information
- Sustainable Saturday Recycling Event
Sustainable Saturday Recycling Event
The 2023 Sustainable Saturday Event is scheduled for Saturday, March 18, 2023 from 9 a.m. to noon in the Benedictine University Rice Center Parking Lot at 5700 College Road. Participants must enter off Benedictine Drive off Maple Avenue, west of Benedictine University and east of Benedictine Parkway, and follow the route through the campus to the drop-off in the Rice Center Parking Lot. The entrance off Maple Avenue is the ONLY entrance for use during Sustainable Saturday. There will be no access to the event from College Road. Please allow sufficient time for drop off. Due to anticipated large traffic volume, there may be periodic delays. No public restrooms are provided.
The Village of Lisle, Benedictine University, DuPage County, SCARCE, Lisle Township and LRS encourage you to bring electronics, household batteries, bicycles, textiles and more to the annual Sustainable Saturday event. This event will replace the March Quarterly Electronics Recycling Event that occurs in Downtown Lisle. TVs and monitors will be accepted at Sustainable Saturday for a small fee ($25 - $35 depending on size).
Items Accepted Include
- Electronics (such as desktop and laptop computers, mice, keyboards, modems, cable boxes, converter boxes, satellite receivers, telephone and mobile devices, tape players, gaming consoles, power cords and network cables, chargers, VCRs, DVD players, fax machines, scanners and printers, tablets and portable music players).
- TVs and computer monitors (for a small fee $25 - $35, depending on size).
- Vinyl records, eye glasses, hearing aids and old keys.
- Brita brand products (filters, pitcher, water bottle, packaging, etc.).
- Styrofoam #6 foam blocks (used for packaging) and clean food service foam.
- Books, rulers, crayons and bread tags.
- Household (A, AA, AAA, C and D) and dry cell batteries.
- CFL and fluorescent bulbs.
- Large SLA batteries (car, boat and sump pump, etc.).
- Holiday lights including mini-lights (or Italian lights), C7 lights, C9 lights, rope lights and LED lights (garland and wreaths will not be accepted).
- Clothes, linens, shoes, sporting goods and more for Goodwill Industries.
- Girls leggings, soccer uniforms, cleats, soccer balls, nets, referee/goalie gear and first aid kits.
- Adult Bicycles and gently used kids bikes, helmets, parts and accessories (bikes must be in repairable condition).
- Musical instruments & sheet music.
- On-site paper/document shredding (limit of 2 banker/file size boxes or 3 paper shopping bags per vehicle, no binders or plastic bags) Sponsored by LRS.
- Latex paint ($1/quart, $3/gallon, $15/5-gallons).
- Smoke detectors and scrap metal.
- Aerosol cans ($1/can) and 1lb (camping) propane tanks ($3/tank).
- Walkers, wheelchairs, knee scooters and crutches (no toilet chairs).
No hazardous waste (e.g. oil-based paint, motor oil, air conditioners, refrigerators) will be accepted.
Thank you to the following service providers and sponsors that make this event possible -- LRS, SCARCE, TerraCycle, Working Bikes, eWorks Electronics Service, Dart Container, Goodwill Industries, Flat Can Recycling, Interstate Batteries, Soccer Gear for Zambia and Accurate Document Destruction.