The Village encourages the hosting of special events as a great way to provide attractions, activities and foster a sense of community. A special event permit application is required when a community event is located on public property or when it events held on private property may have a direct effect upon public property, traffic flow, public health, safety, or events which may require the use of special Village services. The permit application fee for a special event is $75.
For events not meeting the criteria of a special event, a temporary use permit may be required by the Village’s Development Services Department.
To hold a special event in the Village of Lisle, individuals must:
Special Event Policy
- Complete the Village’s special event primary application.
- Complete event site plan.
- Complete event emergency plan.
- Submit a certificate of insurance (if serving alcohol, liquor liability coverage must be indicated on the certificate).
- Submit signed Village indemnification and hold harmless agreement.
- Submit all accompanying permitting, if applicable.
- Coordinate with Police and Public Works for use of personnel and crowd control equipment.
- Village Board review and approval.
(Title 7 Chapter 4 of Village Code)
Special Event Permit Application
If you have any questions, please contact Matt Havlik, Assistant to the Village Manager, or call (630) 271-4145 or MHavlik@villageoflisle.org