Independence Day Celebration
Independence Day Fireworks Display - July 3, 2023
An Independence Day fireworks display is scheduled for Monday, July 3, 2023 beginning at 9:30 p.m. at Community Park. The show is expected to last approximately 25 minutes. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs to this family-friendly event to view a spectacular aerial show in celebration of Independence Day!
Spectators are encouraged to walk or bike to Community Park as parking is limited. For those needing to drive, parking is available at the following locations: Riverview Drive & Short Street lot, Sea Lion Aquatic Park, Lisle Junior High School and the commuter lots in downtown Lisle. A ride share pick up and drop off area is designated at the Lisle Park District's Recreation Center (1925 Ohio Street).
Alcoholic drinks may not be brought onto Park District property, but will be available for purchase at Community Park during the concerts.
Prior to the fireworks display, a series of live outdoor concerts will take place at the Lisle Park District's Van Kampen Stage. To learn more, visit the Lisle Park District's website.
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. - Fletcher Rockwell (Classic Americana-tinged Rock & Roll)
- 7:30-9:00 p.m. - ARRA (Classic-Rock)
As part of the event, Short Street will be closed to all traffic once the parking lot located at Riverview Drive and Short Street is full with vehicles. After this time, the only way to access the 5100/5200 block of Riverview Drive will be via Maple Avenue. A Lisle Police Officer will be stationed at the end of the block at Maple Avenue to permit vehicles of residents and visitors onto Riverview Drive. Following the conclusion of the fireworks at approximately 10:00 p.m., vehicles parked in the Riverview Drive and Short Street parking lot will be directed south on Riverview Drive to exit onto Maple Avenue.
Tips and Tricks for July 3rd
The Village of Lisle and Lisle Park District have a an entertaining day in store on Monday, July 3rd complete with live music, food and fireworks. To make this event as enjoyable as possible, below are some helpful tips to make attending the this event an easy and fun for everyone.
- Rideshare Drop Off and Pick Up Location - If you plan to use services like Uber or Lyft, please use the Lisle Park District Community Center (1925 Ohio St, Lisle, IL 60532) as your drop-off and pickup point. Rideshare vehicle should enter from Yackley Avenue at Ohio Street.
- Parking Locations - The commuter parking lots in Downtown Lisle and the Lisle Junior High School parking lot are available to park at for FREE. If you are parking in the commuter lots or at the Junior High, please walk from Main Street to Short Steet. An officer will be stationed at IL 53 (Lincoln Ave) and Short Street to help event-goers cross safely.
- Food Ordering - Please do not order food from Uber Eats, Grubhub, Postmates, or other local food delivery services. There will be a variety of food trucks and vendors on site, and you are more than welcome to bring your own food. There is also a wide selection of restaurants on Main Street and throughout Lisle to pick up food from. For a list of restaurants, please visit the Village’s Restaurant Guide (https://bit.ly/3NrADGn).
- Plan Ahead - Drop off your chairs and blankets ahead of time. Anytime after 2:00 p.m. due to Summer camps still being in the park. Please be advised that the Village and Park District are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Then park at the appropriate lots and walk over. Due to limited parking, event attendees are encouraged to walk or ride bicycles if possible.
We’re looking forward to a safe and enjoyable celebration our country’s independence and want to ensure you, your friends and your family enjoy the festivities!
Parking and Walking Routes
To help keep the celebrations safe and enjoyable, please review the map below of the parking locations and the routes to walk from those locations.
Fourth of July Parade - July 4, 2023
In addition to the fireworks display, a Fourth of July parade is scheduled for Tuesday, July 4, 2023 beginning at 10:00 a.m. to honor those who have served and sacrificed for our freedom. The parade route will begin at Lisle Junior High School, proceed west on Jonquil Avenue, north on Main Street, east on School Street, South on Center Street, ending at the Museums at Lisle Station Park.
Participants are being sought for the Fourth of July Parade. Local organizations and businesses are invited to march in the parade by completing a PDF form or an online registration form. Parade participants are instructed to arrive at Lisle Junior High School no later than 9:30 a.m. on July 4th to line up.
Join the Lisle Heritage Society for an ice cream social at The Museums at Lisle Station Park following the parade at 10:45 a.m.