2004 Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a public hearing at a meeting of the Village of Lisle Planning and Zoning Commission will be conducted in-person on August 30, 2023 at the hour of 6 p.m. in the Lisle Village Hall, 925 Burlington Avenue, Lisle, Illinois 60532, to consider the following requests:
- Repeal and replacement of the 2004 Comprehensive Land Use Plan with the 2023 Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
The Village's 2004 Comprehensive Land Use Plan serves as a policy guide for future land use and development. Since the 2004 Plan was adopted, the Village has engaged in a number of planning efforts that provide focused development goals and strategies for specific areas (ex. Downtown Lisle Master Plan, Ogden Avenue Corridor Plan, and Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan) as well as a broad update to the Village's zoning code.
On December 19, 2022, the Village Board approved a Professional Services Agreement with Houseal Lavigne (Resolution 2022-4321) for the purpose of providing urban planning services to assist with the completion of a strategic update to the 2004 Comprehensive Land Use Plan with the following scope of work:
- The incorporation of the 2018 Downtown Lisle Master Plan, 2010 Ogden Avenue Corridor Plan, and 2020 Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan into the Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
- A future land use assessment and recommendations with specific focus on the following:
- The Village’s existing commercial corridors (Route 53, Maple Avenue, Ogden Avenue, and Warrenville Road).
- Publicly owned property within the Village.
- Properties located within the regulatory floodplain.
- Creation of existing and future land use maps.
- The incorporation of current zoning district designations in the future land use map.
Public participation is a vital component to all land use planning efforts. Please take a moment to review the draft 2023 Comprehensive Land Use Plan utilizing the link below. You may provide feedback to Michael Smetana, Development Services Director, via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 630-271-4153.