As the days get warmer and rain turns to sunshine, the Village would like to remind residents about summer outdoor watering restrictions. Residents are kindly asked to follow these restrictions as proper management of our water supply is vital to having a suitable amount of water available for daily consumption and emergency uses. (Illinois-American Water customers are also asked to follow these restrictions as the Village supplies that system).
The following restrictions are in place from May 15th to September 15th:
- Watering / Sprinkling is permitted from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Residents with even numbered street addresses may water during the permitted hours only on even numbered calendar days.
- Residents with odd numbered street addresses may water during the permitted hours only on odd numbered calendar days.
- Handheld watering is allowed anytime. Handheld watering is considered a person holding the flowing end of the hose.
- If a sprinkler is operating and children are present and playing in it, a warning or ticket will not be issued.
A 2-week sod or seed watering permit can be obtained for newly laid sod or sown seed. Fill out the Sod/Seed Watering Application and submit it to the Public Works Department via email, or fax to 630-271-4195. Once approved, the requester will receive a copy of the signed permit. Please contact Public Works Operations at 630-271-4180 with any questions.