$2.5 Million in Additional Funds Available for
Restaurants in DuPage County
This morning, DuPage County Board authorized $2.5 million in additional funds for a new phase of the DuPage County Small Business Grant Relief Program designated for restaurants and food establishments in DuPage County. Under this new phase, restaurants and food service establishments in DuPage who have less than $4 million in annual gross revenue and meet the criteria and qualifications outlined below, will be eligible to apply for COVID-19 relief funds up to $15,000 to cover business and operational expenses.
Criteria for applicants are as follows:
- Restaurants with less than $4 million in annual gross revenue may apply for a grant up to $15,000.
- Restaurants that have previously received funding from the DuPage County Small Business Relief Grant Program are not eligible.
- Restaurants previously ineligible for this program because they received other funds intended for this purpose (i.e. PPP, EIDL), may be eligible now (if such funds caused income to exceed pre-COVID income, restaurants may not be eligible).
Qualifications for applicants:
- Restaurant or food service establishment must be located in DuPage County.
- 50% or more of revenue is from the sale of food or liquor.
- Open for business prior to February 15, 2020.
- Business has been affected by COVID-19, making grant funding necessary to support ongoing operations.
- Gross revenue is less than $4 million.
Applications are being accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To learn more about the program and to submit an application, visit the online portal through Choose DuPage.